The summer is knocking on the door and we can’t wait to get our sunglasses out. Sunglasses are the accessory that makes your outfit complete, it gives the special feel of cool.
An accessory we cannot live without. I keep a small collection of different shapes, colors, and designs that I have collected over the years. Working for a sunglasses store I learned a lot about them. Buying the right sunglasses online was a challenge at first, with researched and more information on how to buy products online, it became a fun experience.
The market is overwhelmed with sunglasses form different brands for different purposes, but when we have a basic idea of what we want, finding the right sunglasses becomes easy. Of course, we want to have sunglasses that fit our face, our outfits, and suitable for different occasions. With the hot sun rays and environmental challenging weather, we should also make sure we have sunglasses that are not only trendy but healthy for our eyes. So how to buy sunglasses online?
Before considering buying sunglasses online, we have to do our homework. Baring in mind it’s our eyes, so when looking for sunglasses the price should be secondary. I recommend finding the size, shape, and quality first. then look at the price you want to know your fit.
- Know your size: measure the length from your ear to your eyes. you can also use a pair that you have at home.
- Shape: determine your face shape (round, diamond, heart, triangle, oval, rectangle triangle, square, or oblong). Simple get sunglasses that are opposite to the shape of your face, example if you have a round face, get square-shaped glasses.
- Weight: some people are very sensitive around the ears (If they are too heavy and you feel uncomfortable or you have pressure around your ear area you will end up not wearing them). 30-45 grams is a normal good weight.
- Polarized: for sensitive eyes, for the outdoor, I recommend polarized glasses which is relaxing for the eyes and keeps you from squinching. Polarized glasses are not suitable for driving.
- Prescription sunglasses: If you wear glasses, make sure the company you choose to have your sunglasses made is specialized in glasses for the sun. Get two one polarized and one for driving.
- To have a collection of different colors gives you options. If you consider getting just one, make sure the color fits your wardrobe.
- If possible get at least one pair with a warranty, most good labels offer a warranty. If you have a pair that you like a lot, its good to have.
Years ago, I used to buy sunglasses that looked good and cheap regardless of the quality and whether they protected me from the sun rays or not. After doing this for a few years, I realized that trendy is not enough, I need to protect my eyes and be trendy.
I buy a pair every year or every two years depending on the price. You can have a few sunglasses, this way you will know exactly what works for you and what doesn’t. Try a few glasses even those that you don’t like at first. If they fit your shape and are comfortable you will end up wearing them for years. Be open to trying new styles and trends and dare to wear. Happy eyes make a happy face that everyone sees.
Tip: when putting on and taking off your glasses make sure you do not touch your face. Always clean your glasses and use hand-sanitizer regularly.
If you have any question please leave a comment, I would be happy to answer.
This post contains affiliate links.
patsunblackhairfashionandstyle is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, ShareAsale.com, Rakuten.com, Viglink.com, are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, ShareAsale.com, Rakuten.com, Viglink.com hence I make a commission when you use the affiliate link.
When you buy something from these websites, I may receive an affiliate commission.
These are my opinions and are not representative of the companies that create these products. My reviews are based on my personal own experience and research.
I never recommend poor quality products or create false reviews to make sales.
It is my intention to explain products so you can make an informed decision on which ones suit your needs best.”